Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Friday, March 30, 2012

My First Blogfest!

I've been wanting to join in on the blogfest activities for quite some time, but I just haven't had the moment to sit down and actually do it. Today, I am FINALLY going to do one!!


Sad Songs Blogfest

March 30, 2012


List the songs that move your spirit, cut deep into your soul, and threaten to break your heart.

No limit - top ten or less is fine. 


Diane has created a blogfest devoted to music and the emotion that it creates to help us writers write! Music is something that I am incredibly passionate about and most of the time I am listening to music as I am picking the wordy part of my brain. Here's a few that are my ultimate favorites -- some are not depressing, some are just moving. Do join in on the fun!!! :)









11 comments:

Dawn Ius said...

You picked a great first Blogfest! Love DIDO...

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My top 5 sad songs are:

Mad World - Gary Jules

Fireflies - Ron pope

Old Fashioned Letters - Jason Reeves

Last Kiss - J Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers

Must Have Been Love - Roxette

Jeremy [Retro] said...

wow i think i am in love with all the ladies who have managed to put tracks of score on their lists... i see bear mccreary... i am a score fanatic..

Please Check out My Sad Song List...
Jeremy [Retro-Zombie]
Visit The Madness:
iZOMBIE

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Wow, those are new bands as well as songs to me.

Thank you for joining. This was the first blogfest I've ever hosted, too!

Emily R. King said...

Dido is a nice choice. I agree that often songs aren't sad, but moving.

Great picks!

baygirl32 said...

blogfests are so much fun, you picked a good one to start with. dido is a good addition

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Living in the UK there are a few I didn't know but I did listen to them all and I was bowled over. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

M Pax said...

Haven't heard that Stevie Nicks in ages. Great pick.

Cynthia said...

Even though I don't watch Battlestar Galactica, I thought that was a very touching piece you posted. Thanks for sharing.

Jennie Bailey said...

Ooooh, Beautiful Child. So haunting. What a great choice!

Stephanie said...

@Optimistic Existentialist - I love your song choices. Roxette is another favorite of mine!

@Retro-Zombie - Haha! I am an instrumental music lover! Always have been. Glad you fall in love with us ladies beacause of it. ;-)

@Diane - Thanks for creating an awesome first blogfest!

@Emily - Dido is wonderful! Her music takes me places I've never been.

@baygirl32 - Yes, I'm loving every minute of it. I hope to join more in the future!

@welcome to my world of poetry - You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed my music picks.