Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Tears

I am back from hibernating!! I have sadly haven't had the creative juice flow inside of me for awhile, as well as the time. I am glad to be back in the wonderful blogging world! This week's FSF is not my best work, but it's more about the emotion that is behind it.


What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.


This week: TEARS









The day was lengthy and hot – so muggy the trees in the forest could no longer breathe. The little girl went wandering in the woods to find some shade – a place of comfort and peace. Suddenly, the serene place was full of screams – trees falling, branches breaking; nothing but the sound of pain was echoing through the leaves. She heard people laughing with great strength and felt a deep sadness grow inside of her as if she were a tree herself. The roots that were plucked from the earth were now being removed from her.

8 comments:

Claire said...

Wonderful and powerful piece, and the change of emotion midway was very intense. The description of the trees not being able to breathe was amazing, and I almost cried out at the end.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Stephanie!! I have missed your posts and I'm glad to see you back. Beautiful work as always my friend.

Stephanie said...

Thank you Claire! Glad you felt the emotion that was behind the words.

Keith - It's good to be back! :)

Sandra Crook said...

Nice work, very atmospheric.

Linda said...

I love that first line, and I feel pain when tree fall, or are cut while in their prime. Great writing!

Rain said...

I agree with Claire: the change of emotion was abrupt and intense. This little piece reflects a very sad aspect of modern life. Good job, Stephanie.

/ Rain

Lillie McFerrin said...

Oh, how I've missed your writing!! Always poetically beautiful. That last line is stunning!!!

Stephanie said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words!