Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Tattered

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.

This week: TATTERED





The bitterness of the winter made its way to her bare feet. She sat in the soggy ground that carried a stench of dead animals and decaying wood - inhaling each smell as she fanaticized a room filled with exotic foods. Snowflakes began to fall and fill her ratted clothes with wetness and fury. Her teeth chattered with noise so piercing that ice-cycles broke repeatedly from the weak tree limbs. The wolves of the night circled around the fragile creature, helping her understand that they were offering their fur for warmth and security.

5 comments:

sjp said...

A wonderfully detailed scene depicted here full of imagery that stirs your curiosity.

Angie Richmond said...

I love the detail and the use of the senses in this piece!

Angel Zapata said...

There's a dreamy, magical quality to your prose. I like.

Lillie McFerrin said...

I really like the way you've set this scene. Awesome job!

Unknown said...

beautiful!