What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: SCORCHING
The bright flickering stars that held onto the night sky was fading with each tick of the noisy clock that was inside of my brain. A light formed beneath the earth and began to rise with force - expanding each ray as if it were a bird stretching its wings. I knelt down on the grassy marsh and waited for the immense object to grow and splash its searing heat across my body. I embraced the blistering sun; waiting for it to melt the earth and transform the planet to gray ash. Earth had thrived once and was a sanctified home for plants and animals, but its death was nearing a countdown due to the destruction caused by mankind.
4 comments:
I love this one! Beautifully described!!
I LOVED this one - mainly because of the issue that it speaks to, as I am very passionate about the environment. Great job Stephanie and I look forward to your next post as always!
I could just see the huge sun expanding and felt immense sadness at the impending destruction! Great words!
A very powerful piece evoking a sadness as the posibilities are too close for comfort. A must read! xx
Post a Comment