What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: WICKED
His blue eyes gave way to a mischievous personality; a man with a crooked sense of humor. When we were teenagers, his motives were innocent enough, but eventually it progressed into something sinful. Somehow, I still felt drawn to him - like the atoms and molecules that make up me were automatically stitching my heart to his. My mind kept wandering off into another dimension - an alternate universe of playful lust, and then I heard the concrete words roll from his tongue and out his mouth. I repeated the unrecognizable vocabulary in my mind and sunk into a pool of reality; he was married.
8 comments:
Very nice Stephanie. Love endings that make your jaw drop. :-)
I like this 5 sentence fiction exercise! Very interesting and unique. I like your writing style.
Some great emotions there...I can recall some of them vividly!
Ohhh this is awesome! Wicked indeed!
Love the phrase 'crooked sense of humor' and the wrenching end!
So good :) I like 'concrete words'. Perfect way to describe that. Awesome!!
I can almost taste the disappointment here. Excellent rendition of something many of us have been through. :(
My heart actually sank when I read the last line. Talk about leaving a bitter taste--- but in the best way. Your descriptions are right on: concrete words, unrecognizable vocabulary, stitching my heart to his. Very well done.
Post a Comment