Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Five Sentence Fiction - "Horror"

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the inspiration word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just take your inspiration from that word.

This week’s inspiration word is: HORROR

I decided to keep the feel of my "Lagoon" story -- creating a bit of scare tactics for Annie and Abigail, except Abigail is the one who is literally stuck in the mud......

I started to feel the repulsive mud seep between my toes. I observed my surroundings, using only my memory of the woods. Just then, I remembered there was an elongated, green vine that looked like an elephant’s nose, but nothing surrounded me except this treacherous lake that was full of dirt and moss. My breath formed a smoke like ring around me because the night air was frigid. There was no moon reflection on the water and there was no sound to be heard - except for the echo of my silent cries.

7 comments:

Lillie McFerrin said...

Great job! I felt like I was there, and completely freaked out. Left me wondering how she ended up in that place and what would happen next. The last line was perfect!

Car said...

great work Stephanie! That last sentence evoked the horror for me and gave me chills (oh and the mud, hate mud squelching between toes ewww!)

spring days, new growth said...

You've certainly conjured up the creepies here! Like it!

No one said...

Oh definitely creepy! i like, 'the echo of my silent cries' - it gave the effect of her fear compounding on itself!

Claire said...

Terrifying! I could feel that mud oozing over me, quite a disgusting feeling. You definitely stayed with the prompt here!

Lillie McFerrin said...

Hey Stephanie! I have given you an award on my blog.

Eloise said...

I really liked the detail of the vine shaped like an elephants nose. it added a real touch of realism.