I believe this would be my 9th week with my WOW writing group. We are left we the option of chosing one of the previous exercises --- I took a little piece from every exercise and came up with this. I used alot of imagery - mainly from the "Go for a walk" exercise and "Sit under a tree" exercise and created a lump of metaphors for making love.
The color of red seeps from your fingertips - emerging the blood flow between us.
My body compels into your core - illuminating the orange peel of our essence.
The formation of sweat leaks out of our pours while creating a yellow hue of the sun.
The green earth is our backdrop; making the leaves expand as our bodies grow.
I see my features - my soul’s reflection in your sapphire eyes.
As the night begins to take command of the day, black surrounds us and we are left with a streaming pearl of light.
White is the pigment of our complexion that has been conducting music - a saxophone with notes of lilac jazz. It produces a soulful rhythm sound of cerise passion - sprinkled with specks of devotion on a canvas.
7 comments:
'notes of lilac jazz', that's just beautiful Stephanie!
I like the different uses of colours throughout the piece.
Kate
What a good idea to link several pieces together. I like the way you've used colour to build the imagery too.
The beginning of the last paragraph felt heavy to me though, I think it might work better without the 'that has been' and a comma after 'complexion'. It might flow better with the lightness of the lovely image, 'notes of lilac jazz.'
Jennifer
Stephanie, this is beautiful! What wonderful writing, and a great idea to put several exercises together as one. I love the way you have written this piece. I love the last line, "sprinkled with specks of devotion on a canvas." Awesome!
Fabulous idea - to combine the exercises AND i love the use of colour throughout. Some beautiful phrases here "the orange peel of our essence" - fascinating.
Gill x
I love the romance and poetry of this piece. Such beautiful writing!
Many thanks to all of you for your sweet words! :)
Asampler - Thank you for the advice. Will add it to my piece. :)
Post a Comment