Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Monday, September 26, 2011

Songbird

I am in my 8th week of doing the WOW challenge. This week we are to write the story behind the song. I went with one of my favorite instrumental songs. Instrumental music helps me relax and feel the mood of my writing. I chose this piece of music because it has different emotions throughout the entire piece. I wanted to explore those emotions in my writing. Hope all of you enjoy! :)




We met when the world was starting to disconnect. We had altered views of the world but I grew to appreciate your words. I was drawn to them as if they were a magnet. They tempted me to push myself even further, which later gave me courage throughout my illness.

I believed in a world that seemed secluded at the time. I felt deserted in my journey. Pages upon pages spilled with words of a different language, but your words was the only thing I felt . I cherished your presence pushing me towards a new life - a new life of existence that involved sorrow, love, and fervency.

Our friendship grew deeper, like entrenched roots that fall beneath a flower. You were my source of strength when my cancer surfaced. My body was in vain, but it subsided when your voice conveyed words of new literature; our literature.

Our love blossomed - blooming with each kiss. Night fell and we sailed through the oceans to find our new home. We ran in circles; while laughing on our merry-go-round life.  I held on to every ounce of expectation that led me to be with you one last time.

We flew through the open ultramarine skies, awaiting for my soul to drift. My eyes grew tired and my body began to wander. The birds lifted me up as I held onto your hands and I remembered the first time I touched you.

8 comments:

sars! said...

I could feel what you wrote. nice.

Lillie McFerrin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lillie McFerrin said...

This is lovely writing! It's beautiful the way love can create a whole world just for those two people.

Car said...

Beautiful and haunting piece this week. I loved the references to words and writing, it added an interesting depth to your writing.

Sarah said...

This had a real dreamlike quality to it, really very beautiful!

T. said...

The poetic feel of this is beautiful. Very nice.

Stephanie said...

My gratitude and thanks to all of you! Your words keep me going! :D

InkPaperPen said...

I tried to comment on this post three times yesterday! Blogger issues. Very frustrating. I was trying to say that I think you translate your poetic style to prose very well. I like the term "merry go round life"!