I am currently in my 5th week in the WOW challenge. This week we are to come up with a juicy "one liner" -- anything from poetry, fiction, or non-fiction that we are working on. I have to say, this was a bit complicated for me to do because I was itching to write more! As always, I enjoy doing these exercises!!
******* A quick edit to post my prose piece with my one liner. We did not have to do this, but I chose to add to it as well as change it to 1st person. I couldn't help myself, I had to write more!!
She watched the river bands of water streaming down the window pane, and began to envision her lovers hands flowing over her as if she were the rain.
*******
The fractures in the cobblestones begin to fill up with water pellets. Each drop splashes, creating a canvas of spilled feelings that we continue to share. The stones are artic enough to form ice beneath our bodies. Perhaps we glided on ice to each other.
I fancy myself on the stones - feeling you within my soul. Our hair is entangled together like a lion’s mane mixed with altered colors of gold strands. We are becoming silk, softening as we begin to touch.
The stars of our constellation share a brief moment. Our bodies awaken to a different sight. The heavens are now breaching and we can see the stars bursting into a million pieces. A passionate war was forming between us. Fighting against the truth and freeing of oneself.
Our pieces of stars drip over the cobblestones as I watch the river bands of water streaming down the window pane, realizing I had envisioned your hands flowing over me as if I were the rain.
15 comments:
This is simply great, Stephanie. I really liked the essence of this one liner.
Really lovely Stephanie. I wrote one of mine as part of a story first too (and then took it out).
I like this written in the first person best, very descriptive and romantic!
Beautiful! x
Your a poet Steph! An amazing poet..=)
I really like the one liner on it's own and in third person - a fantastic visual and really emotive.
Such poetry! You skill with words is just awe inspiring to me! Love it!
Interesting one liner :) Well done.
Love watching rain down a window - loved your usage of the visual.
Many thanks to all of you! I can hardly express my gratitude towards each and every one of you!! :)
Great! I love the visual of the hands and the rain. Well captured.xx Meg
I love how you write with poetry, it is just beautiful. The one-liner was amazing but I also loved the rest of the piece as well.
By the way I've just nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award if you would like to pop over to my page to check it out. xx
Lene - Thank you so much for nominating me! I will jump over to your page right now!!
Many thanks to all of you!! :)
Hi Stephanie, Sorry I am so late this week - there were 53 linkers! I can barely keep up, must find a better system for commenting and reading!
You make words beautiful. I love "as if I were the rain". It would have been easy to say "like the rain" but you offered something so much better. I thought it was a lovely one liner! Very pleased you are enjoying the exercises at Ink Paper Pen. You may want to suggest a writing exercise one week? A favorite from your uni course, perhaps?
Gill x
Thank you Gill! Yes, I would love to contribute to a writing prompt sometime soon. I will have to dig out some of my old writing prompts I did for class. :D
Ooh, I really loved that one-liner!
Post a Comment