Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Friday, October 21, 2011

Five Sentence Fiction - "Shenanigans"

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the inspiration word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just take your inspiration from that word.

This week’s inspiration word is: SHENANIGANS


I am still developing the main concept of my fiction piece "Enraptured Lagoon" from Write Out Wednesday...... I love this word and tried my best to incorporate the meaning in my piece. :)


The August night air was clammy and damp; making it hard to breathe while rummaging through the forest. The clouds were beginning to bury the crescent moon and all I could think about was how my sister always teased me. There was constantly a raucous caused by Annie at birthday parties, fall festivals, and even last year at Donna Fowley’s wedding. I grew jaded of my sister’s pranks; especially since I always had to come rescue her when the jokes would go wrong. I had no means to salvage her from this incident.

7 comments:

Lillie McFerrin said...

I really like how this unfolds. I can feel the speaker's irritation, and now I really want to know what Annie did this time :)

No one said...

Excellent! More about Annie and Abigail. Annie sounds like a lot of trouble and Abigail sounds very irritated! Will Abigail ever walk away from Annie's hi-jinx?

sjp said...

I like this idea as a writing practice, it can be good to start small and pushes you to work on each sentence.

Stephanie said...

Glad you all enjoyed this! I am going to expand this into a longer piece -- maybe a novel at some point. :O

sjp - Yes, it is an awesome idea to expand your sentences. You should check out Lillie's page. She created the Five Sentence Fiction exercies!

spring days, new growth said...

These are interesting characters you are developing and you have set the physical scene well in this. I'll watch out for where this story leads!
Kate

Kelley Lynn said...

Hi Stephanie!

I'm a new follower! Love your blog! And thanks for stopping over at mine.

This is a great exercise. You are a great writer.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for stopping by Kelley!