Write On Wednesdays Exercise 22 - Select a piece of music that reflects the mood of writing you'd like to aim for. Press play. Start free writing. Write the first words that come into your head. When the music's over, so is the writing. I'd recommend finding out how long the song is before you start the exercise. You may feel cheated in your writing time if you pick a song by The Ramones. Of course, if you feel like writing a short, punky piece by all means, go for it!
This is week 13 for me. My piece tells a story about two people meeting at a New Years festival...except there is a bit of a mystery to this at the end. I apologize for this being a yoga video. LOL. I could not find the full length of this song anywhere, so this was my only choice. Also, I am a bit under the weather, so it is very possible that I have typed something that does not make sense. LOL
The song is called "Horizon" By Garth Stevenson.
Our eyes meet from across the room as if a magnet has forced me to gaze at you. I can feel my body wanting to walk towards you, but I am at a stand still. I memorize your face, your hands, your body. My eyes trace every inch, recollecting thoughts of us that have happened before. Perhaps in another life?
You slowly move away from the crowded room and make your way towards me. My heart pumps blood throughout my veins faster than what is normal. I forget that I am surrounded by people in this room. It is a room filled with silver streamers and balloons of hope.
The clock starts the countdown. We are nearing a new year and perhaps a rebirth of life. We finally take our steps and meet. Our eyes stay connected to each other as if we are anxious of losing a moment. You take my hand and we dance a rhythm of poetry. No words escape from our lips; but words flow from our bodies.
A language of silent need and lust begin to surface.
Seconds are nearing the exit of an old year. I am still dancing with the ticking of each second - not loosing any movement with our bodies. Your hands gradually move across my lips. I quiver at the thought of you kissing me. Happy New Year is shouted from all across the room and I quickly glance up to see the commotion.
You are gone but I can still feel the movements of your body against mine. A dance that speaks poetic stanzas will forever remain in my mind.
6 comments:
That was tremendous! I loved the mystery and descriptions. Of course, I am a helpless romantic, and I thought the setting of the old year leaving was beautiful! Awesome work!
'A room filled with silver streamers and balloons of hope' I love that line!
This is a really sensuous piece of writing :)
Great writing. I stumbled the tiniest bit where it says "faster than what is normal", but otherwise it reads rather comfortably. I quivered too at the thought of the kiss. The music and descriptions complement each other wonderfully.
It was actually a little painful when the other person was gone without having kissed the protagonist.
/ Rain
I loved the music in the background while I read this. It was beautiful. I was drawn in by your words. The last line was perfect!
Hope you're feeling better!
Many thanks to all of you for your sweet words.
And thank you Lillie. I am still not back to my normal self, but I hope to be soon. This cold really knocked me off of my feet. Ugh!
Loved the image of balloons of hope. A piece filled with emotion, thanks for sharing. Dancing a rhythm of poetry was lovely!
Feel better soon
x
Post a Comment