Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Monday, September 19, 2011

I Know You

My 7th entry to the WOW challenge. I am a bit pressured for time this week due to my hectic school schedule-- so I did this in a bit of a rush. But I am pleased how this turned out. :)

Instead of writing about someone that I do not know, I chose to write about the first time I met my love. Our relationship did not start until one year after we met.
As always, I enjoyed this weeks writing prompt. Hope all of you will enjoy!


I stumble upon you a few times a week. Our paths usually cross at the same place. Time is constrained, but our ambiances meet – like a bird soaring to get home.
Who are you?
I see you have a yearning for desire. Your invitation awaits you as if it were around the corner. Have you considered? Yes – a glimpse you share with me on occasion. You slightly chuckle under your breath as if you knew what I was thinking.
Thoughts we both share only transmute into dreams. We meet there every night, and during the day, we steal glances. It is enough for us to move on with our day – but not enough to reconcile our souls.
The nights become briefer as the fall spirit embraces our life.  The dreams we share become shorter, but our desire becomes profounder.
I tell you about the dream -- the dream of rubicund blankets decorated over us as if it were silk. The fireplace blazes with its fury and I see the replication in your eyes.
Silence is what we recognize. Our bodies begin to start talking. We have many conversations that night, but nothing communicates louder than what is in your heart.  
I know you.

12 comments:

Car said...

Wow if you can produce this sort of writing WHILE constrained for time, I would LOVE to see what you can achieve given more time. Great work. Very evocative.

Anonymous said...

I like the end. Three simple words but conveying so much. Well done.

Kristy Prowse said...

Aw that is sweet - yes, love the ending - all goose bumpy

Domesblissity said...

I loved this Stephanie. I had to look up rubicund though! LOL What a great word. Great work!

Anne xx

Lene said...

So lovely, so romantic and written in your beautiful poetic style. xx

Jayne said...

Gorgeous-so dreamy and poetic :)

Anonymous said...

Very dreamy, but in a few instances you lost me in the shifting imagery. It's not clear to me if this is an actual relationship blossoming, or if it remains in this beautiful dream state. This is your story, and I respect that, but as a reader I need to be able to follow where you're going.
Otherwise, love your playful, poetic approach.

Kerry said...

Awesome. So beautiful and elegant. Great job for being rushed for time! And a cute story to boot!

Stephanie said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet words!!

Anne - Rubicond is just another word for the color red.

Therhythmmethod - I apologize for the lack of understanding in my piece. The first part is me speaking to my lover about the dream -- the 2nd part is me discussing the actual dream. I will be more careful next time.

Daniel Meyer said...

Stephanie, Holy smokes! This was so moving. I love the connection between your body language and thoughts. It just shows how a connection is possible through vibes and subtleties. You are an incredible writer, keep it up!

Stephanie said...

Thank you Daniel! You are also an incredible writer!!

No one said...

This piece was very sensuous, particularly because of the constraints of time and the wordlessness of the communication. Nice mood.