Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Faeries

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: FAERIES


The sun was just beginning to come up and I could feel the warmth of the protruding light bouncing off of my sleepy face. I awoke to a buzzing sound, an annoying throbbing vibration that circled around my head in many different directions left me feeling dizzy, sick to my stomach even, which put me in a mood of confusion and frustration. I began to swap my hand around, trying to keep the unknown creature from flying into my face. The pixie like fairy suddenly stopped hovering over my body and began to look directly at me as if she had something important to say. I began to look at her with more detail, tracing each wing with my eyes, and watching the loose bright orange glitter from her wings sprinkle specs of magic onto my bed sheets.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so strange: you thought of a pixie, I though of an elven woman... Yet they both came to us when we awoke! Lovely post :-)

Lisa Shambrook said...

Now I'm wondering what she had to say...I could just see her fluttering impatiently waiting for that moment of wakefulness!

injaynesworld said...

Like Lisa, I now want to know what the fairy had to say. Good job of making your readers want more.

C.C. said...

Sprinkling specs of magic. I liked that line a lot. Whatever she had to say was very important I think.

Victoria said...

Your descriptions just sparkle! I enjoyed this a lot.

Angela said...

Ha! Never swat at faeries! That's a dangerous business, indeed!

I need to know what happens next.....!

sjp said...

a amgical stand off :)

Lora said...

This bought a smile to my face. This little pixie was determined to tell her something very important. Love the orange pixie dust. Nice work

JTsuruoka said...

Beautiful sensory imagery. Very nice...

Lillie McFerrin said...

Love this!!! Especially the 'tracing each wing with my eyes' :)

Anonymous said...

I like it, I like it. Calm, slow pace; nice full descriptions; a clear sense of what the character is thinking and feeling. Well done!