Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Lost

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: LOST



It was just a few minutes after midnight and I knew that I had to vanish, escape, and lose myself into the September night air. My skin glowed a silky pale blue, almost as if the moon’s reflective light was seeping into my veins. I kneeled down in the lowlands, keeping my distance from the group of men on the hill and I began to scream with silent fear, feeling as though I could get wound up in the barbed wire fences or worse, caught by the men who held me captive. The moon stayed with me, sending me a luminous light of comfort as I prayed to the Gods to turn me into an invisible woman; by then, I heard a soft whispering voice telling me to run North. It was him; a loveable man whom I had watched from my days working in the muddy fields.

11 comments:

Lisa Shambrook said...

Ghostly and mysterious...I want to know who she is and why she's running! Lovely writing Stephanie.

Cara Michaels said...

Nice atmospheric details.

Sandra Crook said...

I liked this. You conveyed a real sense of being pursued. Nice work.

JennaQuentin said...

Very eerie! Thanks for sharing!

sjp said...

Love the silent tension, so many elements described

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I'm such a fan of your writing. I really love all the descriptive details that you put into your work!

Unknown said...

Poor, poor woman . . . I feel her need to escape as you portray her fear and desparation so well. I hope she follows the voice to freedom . .

Victoria said...

This one lends itself to a metaphorical interpretation...along a psychological line. I like how you escalate the tension.

Lora said...

I'm assuming since the men keep her captive and working in the fields, she is forced labor. How lucky to find someone who offers to help her escape. Her Guardian Angel indeed. Hope she succeeds in escaping. Wonderful take on the prompt.

Bullish said...

Wonderful details!! I could see it playing out in my mind's eye under that cool blue moon!!

Lillie McFerrin said...

How interesting! I have a zillion questions after reading this :) Lovely job!!!