Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Monday, June 4, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Orange

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
FSF this week: ORANGE.


The African sky seemed to slip off into two different dimensions; one with an amber color slicing through a gold amulet of fortune, and the other half carrying a vast amount of heartache and lust. I could see that the clouds were holding heavy raindrops full of grief, remorse, even a belly full of desire. I captured the moment on camera, keeping the two pigments of color side by side. It was a moment of life and death, happiness and sorrow, desire and loneliness, all wrapped up in a golden, amber charm. I came to an understanding that we as humans experience the same split of joy and pain, and I realize that within the confusion of the divided parts of us, there lies beauty.

7 comments:

Mark said...

I like this, dividing up the sunset like the segments of an orange, it's a really inventive concept!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is beautiful as always Stephanie. You have wonderful things ahead of you in life! You're so talented my friend.

Britton Minor said...

Nice imagery!

Lisa Shambrook said...

Some great visuals in that piece, and so true that joy and pain go to together, we can't know true joy unless we've experienced pain...

Bullish said...

This is so beautifully lyrical! I love all the colors and especially the phrase "gold amulet of fortune."

Lillie McFerrin said...

Absoutely lovely!!!

Stephanie said...

@Mark - I am thrilled that you enjoyed the "peelings of the orange" concept! I was afraid no one would get that! ;-)

@Keith - Thank you so much, Keith! That is very sweet of you to say. :)

@Britton - Glad you love the images!

@Lisa - Thank you, Lisa! So true, we all have to experience a bit of loss in order to recieve our gains.

@Bullish - I am glad you enjoyed reading this. I sometimes get lost in my own lyrical strings. Ha ha!

@Lillie - Thank you so much, Lillie. I have fun each writing with these short fiction pieces. It helps bring out the creative side in me.