Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Shiver

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.

This week: SHIVER


I was lying in a pool of murky water that was once pure and delicate. Dirt and blood escaped from my body and continued to fill the beach with death. The bullet wound I had was no longer throbbing inside of my bones. It was now a numbing sensation, a shudder that filled every vein in my declining figure. I was cool to the touch, but my insides were sweltering.

4 comments:

Angie Richmond said...

Very vivid. I like it :)

sjp said...

Such an unexpected result though the mystery and curiosity it created worked well.

Rod Tyson said...

Intense,- now I really want this person to pull through :) Well done Stephanie!

Claire said...

That was very powerful, and I would like to know more! Great imagery here.