Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Five Sentence Fiction - Hunger

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.

This week’s inspiration word is: HUNGER


I listened to the water dripping from the bathroom sink; fading with each flicker of my brain. It was in that moment that I felt famished, longing for a new adventure in my life. It had been three months since I picked up my camera .My desire of taking photographs finally came whispering back to me. I knew the story that I needed to tell was my own and it was going to be through nature, not just the shapes and colors of twisted roots, but a truth that was blooming within a certain tree.

6 comments:

Jo-Anne (jtvancouver) said...

These moments of insight do come to us in a flash and they are indeed answers to a hunger inside us. Nice!

Angie Richmond said...

I love that last line! Really enjoy this post :)

Lillie McFerrin said...

I agree with Angie! The last line is perfection! You are so good at weaving a poetic vine through your fiction. Awesome!!!

R. J. Ropsen said...

I loved your take on hunger and yes the last line I had to reread a few times because I enjoyed it so much!

Claire said...

Oh, that was good! You made me feel like jumping up and going on an adventure, and I loved the imagery!

spring days, new growth said...

aha! A hunger for creation, love the way you approached this piece with lethargy coming to life
Kate