Write On Wednesday, Music Madness, Writing Madness, Inspirational Madness

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Our Vines

My third week joining the W.O.W activity. I had a wonderful time doing this!!  Instead of taking a walk and describing what I was seeing, I used personification to describe what the trees/vines were feeling.


As I promenade through the vines of the forest, I am entangled with your arms. My passion flower weakens as you brush up against me. The sun awakens our sores, no longer oozing the poisons we once felt.

I have thorns, though not always in agony when touched. They break off effortlessly and begin to grow a subtle skin.
I do not bleed green. I am many colors that reach a part of your essence. Air that we both breath is noxious. Share with me the light we have. Curl against me with your vines of lust.

The dirt begins to deepen. Our roots finalizing the moment of acquaintance. Never leave this shadow of mine. Let our thoughts in twine.

10 comments:

Daniel Meyer said...

Wow you definitely took a unique angle on this exercise. I considered writing about my "walk" with Christianity but didn't want to venture away from the more literal meaning. Great job!

Stephanie said...

Thank you!
Yes, I have a tendency to give nature a life form when I write. Glad you enjoyed reading it!

Anonymous said...

this is poetry dear :) lovely!

No one said...

Your writing is so lyrical! I love your imagery!

Jay said...

Gosh. Subtle skin - I love that line. It's inspired writing, lovely and lyrical. Well done!

Jodie Ansted said...

Beautifully descriptive, and what a great spin on this week's prompt!

Loved it.

Andy said...

Hmm?This is a nice partner to my talking road and shoe..hehe..You're a poet in motion Steph, I love it!

Smiles,

Andy

Stephanie said...

Thank you all for your beautiful comments!! So glad all of you enjoyed reading it. :)

InkPaperPen said...

You can tell that poetry is your forte, Steph! A lovely walk, a lovely glimpse of nature. Thanks for playing along again. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the exercise!

Gill x

Stephanie said...

Thank you Gill! Yes, poetry is my love. :) I enjoy doing these exercises! It helps me prepare myself for teaching Creative Writing classes as well as pursue a dream of writing a book. :)