Write On Wednesdays Exercise 27 - Mel suggested that we look at the "12 Days of Christmas" poem/song and select one of the days/lines for our writing inspiration. So, whether a Partridge in a Pear Tree or Five Golden Rings, write your line at the top of your page, set your timer for 5 minutes and write the first words that come into your head.
I took the "Two Turtledoves" line from the Christmas song. Enjoy!
A sacred bird you are
The life of symbols wrapped within your wings surface
I begin to lay.
Flying through the night of wonder
We only exist if we are together
The moon shapes our color; a glow of uncertainty
A crack in the sky opens
Drips of water fill our mouths
Thirsty with passion; avid for life.
We fly to the tree tops
Greenery surrounds our wings of devotion
Darkness of the night develops a face
Scales of reflection are left behind us;
Feathers of another life fall
Our wings in twine, and together
We fly.
5 comments:
WOW. That was a piece both powerful and moving. I loved every line, and I thought the ending was the best part. I love poetry, and this was no exception. Beautiful work.
This was beautiful Stephanie :)
Simply beautiful!
Stephanie great job! I also selected two turtle doves, but went a completely different way. This was beautiful!
Lovely writing, as always :) I really liked this!!!
Post a Comment